Supplier Code Of Conduct
Download (PDF format)Supplier Code Of Conduct
Nucor Corporation (with its subsidiaries, "Nucor") has a long history of conducting its businesses in a manner consistent with high standards of social responsibility. In order to continue promoting this goal in the future, Nucor is requiring that each contractor and supplier (individually a "Supplier" and collectively "Suppliers") comply with the following code of conduct ("Code"), and each Supplier will be asked to acknowledge its compliance with the Code. The principles and values expressed by the Code reflect Nucor's ongoing commitment to social responsibility and human dignity.
- Suppliers must not utilize involuntary labor of any type. This shall include, but not be limited to, forced, indentured, bonded or prison labor.
- Suppliers must not utilize child labor. For purposes of the Code, a "child" will be considered any person younger than (i) fourteen (14) years old; (ii) the minimum age for completing compulsory education in the country of manufacture; or (iii) the minimum age for employment in such country, whichever is the highest.
- Suppliers must treat each of their employees with respect and dignity. As such, Suppliers shall not subject any employee to physical, sexual, verbal or other forms of harassment, coercion or abuse.
- Suppliers shall not subject any employees or applicants for employment to unlawful discrimination.
- Suppliers must pay each of their employees at least the minimum wage, and supply the minimum benefits, required by applicable local laws. In the absence of applicable local laws, Suppliers shall provide minimum wages and benefits consistent with industry practice in such location.
- Suppliers shall comply with all applicable health, safety and welfare laws, rules and regulations, and shall provide a safe working place for their employees. Suppliers must have and implement effective programs to promote the foregoing.