Code of Ethics for Senior Financial Professionals
Download (PDF format)Code of Ethics for Senior Financial Professionals
Employees are Nucor's most important asset. Accordingly, Nucor expects all its employees and those employed by its subsidiaries to act with the highest standards of personal and professional honesty and integrity in all aspects of their activities, to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations, to deter wrongdoing and to comply with all policies and procedures adopted by Nucor that govern the conduct of its employees.
This Code sets forth written standards that are designed to deter wrongdoing and to promote honest and ethical conduct by Nucor's senior financial officers, including its chief executive officer, and is a supplement to Nucor's Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics and the other policies and procedures that govern the conduct of employees of Nucor and its subsidiaries. In addition to applying to Nucor's Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Controller, this Code of Ethics for Senior Financial Professionals shall apply to all of the other persons employed by Nucor or its subsidiaries who have significant responsibility for preparing or overseeing the preparation of Nucor's financial statements and the other financial data included in Nucor's periodic reports to the Securities and Exchange Commission and in other public communications made by Nucor who are designated from time to time by the Chief Financial Officer as senior financial professionals.
I agree to use my best efforts and abilities at all times to:
- Act with honesty and integrity and promote honest and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest in my personal and professional relationships, and promote honest and ethical conduct among my colleagues by setting an example of such for them through my own conduct.
- Protect the confidentiality of information I obtain in the course of my work, except when I am authorized or otherwise legally obligated to disclose such information, and not use any confidential information for personal advantage.
- Produce full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure in reports and other documents that Nucor or its subsidiaries files with, or submits to, the Securities and Exchange Commission and in other public communications made by Nucor or its subsidiaries.
- Comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations of any federal, state or local government and any self-regulatory organization like the New York Stock Exchange.
- Act in good faith, responsibly, with due care, competence and diligence without misrepresenting material facts or allowing my independent judgment to be subordinated to that of another.
- Use and control all of the assets and resources employed or entrusted to me by Nucor in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Report any conduct that I believe could be a possible violation of this Code of Ethics for Senior Financial Professionals promptly to my General Manager or an appropriate Company Official. Alternatively, if a situation requires that my identity remain anonymous, I will report possible violations of this Code, including those regarding accounting, auditing, or internal accounting control matters, through Nucor's Confidential Corporate Ethics Line.