NUCOR TECHNICAL ACADEMY
WHEN FINISHED, YOU DON’T JUST GET A CAP AND GOWN.
YOU GET A CAREER.
Interested in launching your career at Nucor, but need additional education to get you there? From essential coursework to extensive hands-on training, the Nucor Technical Academy in Tuscaloosa, Alabama puts you on the right path to becoming part of the Nucor team.
TUITION IS FREE
It’s true. Nucor pays 100% tuition for students with a 3.0 or better.
AT THE NUCOR TECHNICAL ACADEMY, WE WANT TO HELP YOU BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE.
Part of that means incentives for good grades, as well as relieving some of the financial burden you may endure.
- Program tuition and fees are covered
(3.0 GPA required)
- Housing provided for students living
- Travel allowance for moves between
Tuscaloosa and your home mill
- Pay and benefits
WE HELP YOU MOVE
No matter where you live, Nucor will assist you in moving to Tuscaloosa, Alabama for this training program.
EARN A WAGE WHILE ATTENDING CLASSES
EVEN THOUGH YOU’RE IN SCHOOL, NUCOR WILL PAY YOU A WAGE FOR THE HOURS YOU ATTEND CLASS.
Here is how the pay works:
- $10/hour in 1st year,
with no experience
- $12/hour in 2nd year,
based on performance and a 3.0 GPA
- $14/hour in 3rd year
- Move into a maintenance position with
highly competitive pay and benefits
CURRENT CLASSMATES, FUTURE TEAMMATES.
Once you’re at the Nucor Technical Academy, you’ll work, study and live with your peers, which will help you learn, grow and bond with your future Nucor teammates.
HOW TO APPLY
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD DO THE FOLLOWING:
THE JOURNEY FROM APPLICATION TO JOB OFFER.
- SELECTED APPLICANTS
- SELECTED CANDIDATES
- SUCCESSFUL TRAINEES
- UPON COMPLETION
- JOB CANDIDATES
SELECTED APPLICANTS WILL:
- Schedule a one-day plant visit and interview
- Tour the facility (must be 18 years)
- Take Nucor’s pre-hire assessment
- Meet all program requirements
SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL:
- Be offered a position in program
- Enroll in the course curriculum through Shelton State
- Sign up with a temporary employment agency
- Relocate to Tuscaloosa, in coordination with Nucor
SUCCESSFUL TRAINEES WILL:
- Complete an Associate of Applied Science
- Work/get hands-on training at Nucor Tuscaloosa (during semesters)
- Work/get hands-on training at a sponsoring Nucor division (summers and winter break)
UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION:
- Complete the Nucor interview process
JOB CANDIDATES WILL:
- Be offered an entry level Maintenance Position
- Build knowledge and skills
- Have opportunities for career advancement
- Have an opportunity for a career with a Fortune 200 company